Helping colleges
help students learn.

ELT Support provides a range of services to current or intending English language teaching (ELT) providers around Australia, from small private colleges to large universities. We also work with other organisations involved in ELT such as publishers and examinations boards.

Our services

Curriculum development

  • Do you need syllabus and support documents, to diversify your current ELICOS offerings or to start a new college?
  • Are your existing courses getting a bit ‘old’? Do they need a refresh to keep them up to date and relevant to your current student cohort?

Starting ELICOS operations

  • Are you an RTO, school or higher education college that wants to also provide ELICOS courses?
  • Do you want to start an ELICOS college from scratch?


  • Are you confused by the different ELICOS regulations and standards your college must comply with?
  • Would you like to know if you’re on the right track with your compliance?
ELT Assessment

Assessment Review

  • Not sure your current assessment framework and assessment tasks are valid, reliable, fair and flexible?
  • Want to check that your assessment practices have kept up to date with developments in ELT assessment research and good practice?


  • Are your students preparing for entry to higher education and university providers?
  • Do you want help in ensuring your college complies with the ELICOS Standards clause relating to assessment benchmarking?

Materials writing and learning design

  • Are you a publisher looking for creative and experienced materials writers?
  • Would you like original, custom-made materials to enhance learning outcomes for a specific course at your college?
ELT Other Services

Other services

With extensive experience in ELT, including teaching, curriculum, assessment, management and compliance, we are well placed to provide a range of services…

Case studies

Innovation in a small ELICOS college

Innovation in a small ELICOS college

Innovation in a small ELICOS college When this private college secured funding under the Australian Strategy for International Education…

Adding an ELICOS pathway to a higher education provider

Adding an ELICOS pathway to a higher education…

Adding an ELICOS pathway to a higher education provider For this client, an established private higher education provider in…

Large EAP curriculum renewal project

Large EAP curriculum renewal project

Large EAP curriculum renewal project ELT Support was asked to manage the renewal of the course curriculum for a…


What do I need to know to get started in ELICOS?

ELT Support has worked with existing RTOs, schools and other organisations, as well as new start-ups, to establish ELICOS colleges. This page is designed to help you decide if you would like to set up an ELICOS operation.

This is general information only - please contact us on 0403 791 238 or to discuss your particular situation.

What’s the difference between CRICOS and NEAS?

Australian education institutions must be registered on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS) if they intend to deliver ELICOS courses to students on a Student Visa. To do this, they must meet the requirements of:

The Education Services for Overseas Students Act 2000 (ESOS Act); and the National Code of Practice for Providers of Education and Training to Overseas Students 2018 (National Code).

How long does it take for students to improve their English?

At ELT Support, we’re often asked how long it takes students to reach the level of English language proficiency they need for a particular purpose, such as further study.